Tuesday 10 November 2015

Talkie Tuesday: Pitch Perfect 2


Hello everyone!

I seem to have a tendency to sort of type these blog posts really late at night here in my timezone, or maybe that's just because I tend to get distracted by other things during the day. Who knows? In any event, it's 10 pm here and I'm thinking I should probably get this done BEFORE I nod off and fall asleep without finishing it. Sounds like a plan, no? 

It's been a while since I've seen this movie, though I don't think it was actually one of the ones I took to summer vacation with me. I think I just left this one for a later date and didn't worry too much.

To be honest, I was excited when they announced the sequel to Pitch Perfect as I loved the first movie. I'm just into this accapella singing thing, because Glee was totally my style and I watched it from start to finish, so PP was also something that was right up my alley.

So then when they said movie number TWO was coming out, and obviously Anna Kendrick is pretty much awesome, I wanted to do nothing more than sit down and watch.

So the premise of the movie is this:


The Bellas were invited to perform for president Obama's birthday, but there was a mishap with Fat Amy's wardrobe - it tore - and, ahem, no underwear was involved.

This results in the Bellas being suspended from the competition circuit even though they have been back-to-back champions for a couple of years now. But, there IS a solution, and that is for them to compete in the World Championship, and if they win the title, they win their old respect and honour back.


The only problem is that a German group, Das Sound Machine, are virtually unbeatable.

It doesn't help that the Bellas basically fail every challenge prior to the championship and that they're arguing amongst themselves, which lands them in a sort of team-work boot camp, run by one of their own former members. This helps them to find the proper tune between themselves again (see what I did there?) and they return with new determination.

Some other notes for this movie are an attempt to bring in new blood with someone they name 'Legacy' because she is the daughter of a famous Bella, and Becca's internship at a producing studio where she and Legacy later record a song which pleases her boss and sort of kick-starts her into this career she wants.

The movie suitably ends with the Bellas competing at the championship and winning with the help of alumni they invite along to liven it all up; a proper initiation for Legacy is organized, and most of the original Bellas have now graduated.


On to movie three, apparently!

Okay, as you can see from this review it was NOT one of my favourites. Actually, the sad part is that the only good things about this movie were the too-short clips of Becca's romantic life and her internship. Everything else I could have seriously done without. The final mashup was good, but not as good as in the first movie, and can there please NOT be a third one?

If wishes were horses ...

xx
*images and video not mine


No comments:

Post a Comment