Sunday 30 November 2014

Synopsis Saturday: Thanksgiving and Carlton


Hello everyone!

So something apparently went wrong yesterday while I was trying to upload this blog, but oh well, I guess I'm just a couple of hours late for some even though it's been Sunday for a while on my end. 

Before I forget, happy Thanksgiving to everyone across the pond who celebrates it!

Thanksgiving week also means that all the shows which I usually watch weren't airing, only the beginning kicked off but the others are coming back next week (or the week after, depending on how much of a break they're taking).

Now, to business!

Gotham was ... well, it had its ups and downs, but I'm still clinging to the hope that after their mid-season break, they'll come back stronger than ever, since we will now get to see more of the Asylum. For me, the best parts of the episode were Barbara's absence (a thing to be thankful for!), Alfred, and Alfred and Bruce. I mean, the butler can KICK. BUTT. Seriously. I was very thrilled, and I thought the Selina/Bruce scenes were pretty cute all in all, but I'd still give this episode 3 out of 5 stars. It just isn't picking up as it could.

State of Affairs is still miffing me and I suppose I'll probably have to start watching Homeland at some point, because I'm sort of not quite there on the whole debriefers holding so much power in the CIA as opposed to actual agents ... and the director/Charlie dynamic is more confusing than ever, although I will hand it to the writers for not making Charlie an angel and showing she is just as ruthless if she has to be as some of her male counterparts. That one's quite refreshing, so 3.5 out of 5 for this show for the week. Let's see where they take us next.

The Originals were badass as per usual, although to be honst I sort of skipped over the Davina scenes, for the most part. Because right about now I'm ready to give her a smack over the head since someone clearly needs to explain to her that Klaus isn't the big problem in town anymore. And, incidently, that she will definitely need him around as much as she wants to take him out. I feel like her short-sighted goal is getting in the way of her normally likeable character. I'm definitely liking Cami more this season, probably because she isn't there all the time, but the Original siblings are still my all-time favourites (I am pointedly not thinking about this marriage-thing between Hayley and Jackson because of reasons). 4.5 out of 5!

The Flash was the only other show from the beginning of the week which made it in before Thanksgiving, and it's still so adorkable that I love every minute of it. I'm now definitely itching to see the Reverse Flash and have it all figured out, but browsing some theories on the internet I'm sort of becoming a bit more convinced that Wells might be someone from the future ... older Flash, maybe? Also, how awesome was it to see the Wells family kick butt on their own without any need of the Flash himself? That's more like it. The series is still picking up a little, but it's going with a huge zoom for now, so 5 of 5 this week!

Dancing with the Stars was the most prominent show this week, with the two-part finale night on Monday and Tuesday and the crowning of season 19's champion. I was sad to see Derek and Bethany go, but all in all I figured it was probably going to happen (side-note: it's so ironic and sort of amusing to read comments on the internet about how Bethany missed her chance because she was paired with Derek, who has five Mirrorball Trophies already ... sort of a backwards thing compared to how they usually accuse his partners of winning BECAUSE he has those five shiny disco balls; I wonder who caught the blame for Val and Janel ending in third place, since there was no Derek to take it? Because you KNOW there was/will be blame flying around). I was a little surprised that the PLL fanbase apparently didn't pull completely through for Janel, but very pleased with Alfonso and Witney's win. I'd sort of silently been cheering for Alfonso ever since his power-house jive back in week one of this season, and once Janel was declared third, I was pretty sure who would take it. And they deserved it, too! Now on to the wait for the ten-year anniversary of the show in spring ... can't even believe it's been around for that long already!

DWTS, ABC

Hope you all had a great week!

Have a good one x

No comments:

Post a Comment