Saturday 15 November 2014

Synopsis Saturday: dance elimination, Inhumans and religious conflicts


Hello everyone!

It's time for the first synopsis of this blog! As I've mentioned before, I watch a lot of TV shows during their regular airing schedules, although granted since I live in Slovenia I have to watch them differently than on actual TV, since we don't have the channels. I'm going to briefly review/comment on the episodes I watched this week, providing you with links to each show as I go. 

(Dancing with the Stars, ABC)


Dancing with the Stars was 'America's Choice' on week 9, and a rush for the semi-finals with two dances, including the much-anticipated trio dances. The scores, as far as I'm concerned, were quite where they should have been and I agreed with most of the judges comments, except that Sadie, in my opinion, was a little too flat-footed for the jive, but I can't be listened to since I'm not in any way a professional in this. Was I surprised Tommy's dancing in the semi-finals and Lea went home? Just a little. At the start, I thought it would be Lea, Janel and Alfonso in the finals. Now, I still think it'll be between Alfonso and Janel, because I have to agree that Lea always looked like she was dancing ballet, so fragile and gentle, which clashed with some dance styles.

Gotham's 'The Mask' was a bit of a disappointment after last week's episode, because it went back to being rather predictable in the plotline, and with the character's reactions. The show is still slow and I usually want to skip forward a lot hoping for good bits. Unfortunately, it doesn't always happen. The one good piece of it, for me, remains Bullock, because the man is basically amusing all the time. Best quote? "I'd give you the good cop routine, but it's not in my toolkit."

The Originals' 'Wheel inside the Wheel' proved to me, once and for all, that EVERY single one of the Mikaelson family needs some serious counselling. I mean, Esther still believes she can bring it all around even though her kids are basically 'hell to the no' all the while, especially after it's all pretty much her fault. I'm anxious to see what she's done to poor Elijah ... and Klaus telling his father to crawl back to Hell was probably my favourite line of them all.

The Flash brought in some heavy duty conversations this week in the episode 'Plastique', which I'm all for since this show has a LOT of potential (also, Grant Gustin's face lamenting that he can't get drunk? Priceless.) Joe is still my favourite character with the best lines to boot, but I'm starting to get seriously creeped out with Dr. Wells. I suppose it's to be expected though, right? 

(The Flash, CW)

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode 'The Writing on the Wall' was probably my most-anticipated for this week, mostly because we've spent SO LONG trying to figure out what Coulson's issue was and why he was acting the way he was. Ward is still totally badass (and did anyone else notice Brett Dalton seems to have hit the gym hard inbetween seasons?), if creepy, and I love how Coulson and Skye's relationship is on the mend now. Also - Fitz talking in whole sentences while playing a videogame. I know, right? And we saw the full blueprint for a city ... Attilan, maybe?

The 100's 'Many Happy Returns' was a little bit all over the place this week, and I'm not sure I like the way the storylines are so spread out this season. It sort of reminds me of The Lord of the Rings, when the Fellowship goes separate ways in The Two Towers, because they all seem to be on a different location doing different things! I sincerely hope they figure out and find Lincoln soon, though. Octavia looks really good in a more Grounder-like style, on a side-note. That gun-trotting woman in Camp Jaha, however, has to go at some point. Abby needs to set her straight. Any bets on how balistic she's going to go when they bring Clarke in as they are?

Arrow didn't dissapoint in 'Guilty'. A lot of people seem to complain that the Oliver/Roy relationship hasn't been worked on much, but I think the snippets make it better, even if you have to pay more attention to it. What I AM apprehensive about is introducing Katie Cassidy as the Black Canary so early in the story arc. Since Sara's barely dead, I would have thought it would happen by the end of season three, so here's to hoping there isn't going to be too much rush. (Also, the preview for next week? I was beginning to wonder when an arrow-happy woman would go after poor Ollie haha!)

Reign's latest episode, 'The Prince of the Blood' was ... well. I can't say I'm really on board with Reign this season. The costumes are better (at least the women are more covered), and the additions to the cast are really good (Lord Narcisse, anyone?), but the storyline ... I just don't know. This bouncing around between Mary and Francis is getting a bit tedious considering it's been quite a way into season two, and I feel like there should be some more emphasis on the court and politics, but since this is a teenage-centered show, I guess I can't hope for too much. For instance: why hasn't Francis gone to his mother with the Narcisse problem? Problem would have been solved long ago, true Catherine style. I'm also mixed about Lola apparently siding with Narcisse. On a different note, Kenna and Bash are obviously adorable, so you can't miss much there!

There was no Hawaii Five-0 episode this week, so I'm simply going to remember the amazing 'If Perhaps' episode from the week before, and how I wanted to hug Steve at the end there.

(Hawaii Five-0, CBS)

That's it for this week! I know it's a whole lot, and I'm sure a lot of you think I'm a bit out of here, but hey, it's just how I like it, a lot of things to watch and keep up with so that I put my mind on holiday for the forty or so minutes per episode.

What shows do you watch?

Have a good one x

No comments:

Post a Comment