Tuesday, 8 September 2026

Talkie Tuesday: LEGO Star Wars The Mandalorian

 

"This is the way."

 
Hello everyone!
 
You didn't think I was going to miss out on this, did you?
 
I mean, The Mandalorian is, by and large, at the very least for the seasons it ran on television, the best thing that's come out of Star Wars since 2015.
 
So I mean. METHINKS I SHALL NOT PASS.
 
Ahem.
 
The minute I saw the first teaser trailers drop, I knew I was in for a grand ole time, because I already thoroughly enjoyed watching Mando mando-ing his way across the galaxy with his little green frog-eating child.
 
By the time I actually sat down to watch it, the hype was real, since I hadn't seen the latest movie in cinemas (but did in fact watch it on streaming, and WILL be reviewing next week).
 
Without further ado: LEGO The Mandalorian!
 
Links to previous related posts can be found at the bottom of this page, as per usual.
 
Our story begins in - you guessed it - a cantina.
 
I mean, if there's a story in Star Wars that DOESN'T feature a Tatooine cantina, I'll eat one of my hats, but I'm pretty sure there's always one somewhere.
 
Mando and his cute little green kid arrive to take a job, because Mando is apparently terrible in recognizing that Peli, his long-time friend and mechanic, lured him here to celebrate, well, him.
 
That is, after he accidentally tries to shoot the people jumping up shrieking SURPRISE, of course.
 
 
After this, and after Grogu pulls the biggest sad eyes you can think of, Mando gives in, so Peli can then hilariously recount the story of season one, during which Mando was only just learning the ropes of this single father business.
 
Everything good takes time, after all!
 
But the funniest parts for me are the way the skit manages to poke fun at the original without making it seem dumb or silly, and it's entertaining to watch Mando try and correct Peli while she's on a tangent.
 
We get a season two recap as well, of course, and I bet Ming-Na Wen had the time of her life telling the two guys to stop arguing about ships since the kid's in trouble!
 
Also, pointing out the obvious, Luke Skywalker is like, er, you guys SHOULD know me, naturally.
 
Bo Katan and Mando: nope, sorry!
 
Mando, I can get behind. Bo's a bit of a plothole, however, since she knew Anakin and whatnot and keeps an eye on the galaxy as a whole in a political sense.
 
 
When Boba Fett arrives to narrate what happened during The Book of Boba Fett, we also get a clue something ain't quite right now, either.
 
Pirates are on their way, because Mando beat the crud out of them in season three, of course.
 
He also got nearly eaten by Boba's pet rancor, but that's another story for another time.
 
I found it particularly funny how Zeb got timely interrupted BEFORE he could tell the plot of The Mandalorian and Grogu, since conveniently, the movie hit streaming at the same time as this skit.
 
But, the pirates attack, and everybody comes together to kick their butts back into space.
 
Mando admits that he's only been able to do what he does because of the friends he made along the way, everybody awws, everybody hugs, and they can have a party to last until dawn!
 
 
Short, snappy, funny, and to the point, LEGO The Mandalorian gives its audiences just the right amount of plot to remind you it knows what it's doing, with the best amount of humour, pointing out the plot holes fans have spoken about over the years.
 
Given it's animation style in LEGO, you can bet it's a joy to watch, and there'll be plenty of kiddos out there who're itching for some of these characters!
 
Overall, a solid 9 out of 10, and I definitely recommend if you're a Star Wars fan. 
 
xx
*images and video not mine
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment