Sunday 13 October 2019

Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter (Booktober)


"Some men are just too interesting to die."





To be honest with you, I didn't actually think I'd ever read this book. When I first saw it, I was like PFFFT, YEAH RIGHT! And then eventually curiosity won out, and I turned page after page of what turned out to be something entirely plausible. Of course you have to believe in lots of things: vampires, immortality, and so on and so forth, but by the end of the book, if you DO believe, you could honestly think that one of America's most widely-known presidents was, in fact, a vampire hunter in his spare time. 

I mean. Stranger things have happened. Right?




While Abraham Lincoln is widely lauded for saving a Union and freeing millions of slaves, his valiant fight against the forces of the undead has remained in the shadows for hundreds of years. That is, until Seth Grahame-Smith stumbled upon The Secret Journal of Abraham Lincoln, and became the first living person to lay eyes on it in more than 140 years ...
(from Goodreads)

xx
*image not mine

No comments:

Post a Comment