Friday 11 October 2019

Broken Sky (Booktober)


"The fate of more than one world is at stake."



Do you remember these books? No? If not, I highly, HIGHLY recommend them! I read these just as I was heading to high school and I LOVED them. I also re-read them recently and I still love them. The premise is that there is a land where babies can be gifted with so called 'spirit stones' (if their family can afford them that is) which are then implanted along the spine and help the children form connections with the ley lines running through the world. These lines give the stones a unique ability that transfers powers to the child. Chris Wooding knew what he was doing.

I mean, if that doesn't sound cool, let me add it's influenced by anime. How cool is THAT?

Broken Sky is the story of two mirrored worlds, the Dominions and Kirin Taq. It’s about a pair of twins who find themselves torn from the safety of their home and thrown into the conflict, and how they become key players in the battle for both dimensions against the despotic King Macaan and his daughter ...
(from Goodreads)

xx
*image not mine

No comments:

Post a Comment