Saturday 3 October 2015

Saturday Snippet: Bookshelf Tour, part 2


Hello everyone!

I may be a little trippy at the moment. Not because I've drank anything, or otherwise consumed anything of the illegal sort of variety - but mostly because staring at translation stuff and then on top of it all reading through Alice Clayton's Cocktail book series is seriously something to make your mind spin.

Ahem.

But I'm back with the second round of my bookshelf tour! If you've fallen behind, never fear, there'll be a link at the bottom of the post to the previous part.



So as you can see from the photo above, this time there aren't any DVDs or games on this shelf, even though to be perfectly honest, there's usually knick knacks right in front of the books. Because, I'm weird like that. It's also, incidently, the tallest shelf besides the bottom one, and there's still room left! Although lookin at the picture now I'm wondering if it's just the angle or if the shelf above IS bending in the middle ...


Let's go from left to right before I digress further, shall we?


Don't ask me why Blood Promise is hardcover; I ordered it in paperback but it arrived in this form and by the same price, so I didn't swap it. Also, for some reason, the different publishing houses aren't uniform on book size (nor do our bookstores order from the same publishers), hence the first three VA novels are taller, and Ruby Circle is ... yeesh. Usually standing in front. The thing is HUGE.

Moving on.


The first was a gift from my cousin's lovely wife when she was overhauling her bookshelves (I recommend the series only if you're ready to tear your hair out); the second came directly out of the UK from another dear friend of mine (and has become a fast favourite, because people offend people's nostrils in it). The third, I bought on a whim, eons ago. I'm a sucker for the Muppet version of Stooge and his story.


Fun fact: my plan is to eventually have the whole HP series on the shelf. I only got to the last one for some reason, with the 'adult' cover version, supposedly. And Casual Vacancy usually stands at the end of the shelf, in the empty slot, currently on loan (it was a birthday gift from my BFFs). Sherlock? Two words: Benedict Cumberbatch.


I have zero clue why these are stacked in a different order than Mead's books. My OCD brain doesn't like it, but I guess it had to do with the last book being a ka-chunk, so as the fatty, it ended on the bottom.

Universal apology to Bombur right now, as that was always his problem, too.

And that's it! Below, you can see how the shelf usually looks. Tune in for round three, next week!


xx
*images are both mine

No comments:

Post a Comment