Tuesday 2 June 2015

Talkie Tuesday: Tanked


Hello everyone!
So this week, I think I might be cheating a little bit again, and it was a hard decision to pick between two shows that I'm currently in the process of watching. In the end though, I figured I should probably finish the first season of one before I talk about it (even though it's older and people have mostly seen if already) and focus on this one first.  

Then again, I might just have decided on it because it's hilarious, and everyone needs a little laugh here and there.

Many of my friends might actually think me certifiable at this point, considering the fact that, in all honesty ... well, I'd think so too if I didn't know the show, wasn't watching it, and someone told me they liked it.

I'm talking about Tanked.

Now, for those of you who don't know (and I'm pretty sure there might be a majority of people in this group), Tanked is an Animal Planet show, and this means it's got something to do with animals. Next deduction: something about tanks. Tanks + Animal Planet = aquariums and a whole lot of fish.


The show is about two New Yorkers, brothers-in-law Brett Raymer and Wayde King, who live in Las Vegas and build fish tanks out of acrylic (I think it's actually mentioned somewhere on the show that glass is about 75% clear in a finished product, whereas acrylic is over 95% clear; something like that). They co-own the company, but there are other people involved, notably Wayde's wife and Brett's sister, Heather, shop manager Redneck, Wayde's father-in-law and Brett and Heather's father, called the General, and there's als Agnes, the sales rep, and some other workers that aren't always mentioned by names.


It's a family business (this is actually out of the tagline itself), and you know where there's family involved, there's going to be explosions. Especially since absolutely NO ONE at ATM (Acrylic Tank Manufacturing) is known for a sweet and cuddly personality.

Maybe it's all for show and they act it out, but honestly? I don't really care considering it's funny enough just watching Wayde and Brett go at it time and time again. 

Each episode features one or two tanks they build at different locations for different customers, definitely with different themes; and each has it's own challenges (one actually required them to smoke Redneck out of his trailer after he stormed off, completely enraged - yes, the guys do that, apparently). I mean, at one point Heather had to go into a shark tank because neither her husband nor her brother would fit in it. Brett smashes an important piece of a tank. Wayde accuses people of breaking into his office, and it turns out it's his own cat.

Things like that.

Not to mention, gems like these:

Heather: The maturity level in this place is at an absolute low.
Agnes: Don't look at ME, YOU married one of them!

Brett: There's only one way in and one way out, and now there's NO way in and NO way out; if there was a fire right now, I'd be jumping out a three-storey window!

Wayde: You were really gonna give Tracy Morgan mouth-to-mouth?
Brett: What can I say; I'm the hero type!
Wayde: Dude, what if Redneck was dying and needed mouth-to-mouth?
Brett: I'd miss him.


I HIGHLY recommend this show if you need some cheering up and just something to unplug your brains for a while. Not only will you learn some useful stuff (among other things, how to prank one another or how NOT to get dunked), but you'll also have a good laugh while you're at it!

xx
*images not mine

2 comments: