Tuesday 19 May 2015

Talkie Tuesday: Finale week, part 1


Hello everyone!

So I'm back, and still reeling from some of the final twists the shows had in store for us for the ending of their respective seasons, and guess what? All of the ones I watch have been renewed! It's one of those moments that require a victory dance, or better yet, the Carlton! So, before we dive into the actual finale short&sweet recaps, here you go:


There we go! Now, to business.


Monday night saw the ending of the second season of our favourite vampires on the block, The Originals. And can we just say OMG? OK, so given the fact that the penultimate episode of the season had pretty much all the bloodshed down pat (Gia burns! The brothers fight! Elijah gets daggered! Rebekah stabs herself! Hayley cursed!), the last one had to be a bit slower in the tempo. But I mean, Klaus was just downright brilliant, as much as people might say otherwise. Honestly though, he's pretty much the most badass weapon you can have - and daggering him NEVER ends well. You'd think they'd learn that by now. I'm sorry to anyone who feels differently, but Hayley deserved everything she got. Who gave her everything? Pretty much Klaus. Who did she try to take the baby away from? Klaus. Bad idea. You can now cheerfully hunt sheep around.


Tuesday was the ending of another explosive Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season (and sad to say it took me a little to figure out The Flash isn't ending, too; oops, this week guys!). I mean, near war with the Inhumans? Skye figuring out her mom is definitely crazier than her dad? Really, you have to love all the drama. Not to mention Coulson losing half his arm. Can you say bad luck? Not only does the guy get skewered back in the day, now he's pretty much in league with Captain Hook. But they're definitely gearing up for an Inhuman team, which is fine by me. Although what's Ward up to now? Not going to lie and say he didn't deserve what he got, but I'm worried. The man was always one step from a psychopath, and now he's It.


Wednesday saw Arrow's third season come to an end, and I was totally yelling YES! into my computer screen because FINALLY, people stopped hating on Oliver. This season had so much 'let's bash on Oliver Queen' that it was getting old. Not to mention ... 'MY NAME IS OLIVER QUEEN!' I squealed like a fangirl. Ra's Al Ghul is finally dead (good riddance), although Malcolm Merlyn as the Demon's Head makes me think bad thoughts. I was also happy to see Captain Lance trying to save Oliver from getting shot, because, in his own words 'I may not like the guy but I don't want to see your boy get shot while I think he's trying to save the city!'. Also, Felicity and Oliver driving off into the sunset? Cuteness! (On that note, we have to remember that when billionaires get broke, they apparently still have millions left; go figure) 


Thursday brought an end to Reign, and I have to say this season was a disappointment. Not only did they redo the whole love triangle thing in almost EXACTLY the same way as in season one, but they've completely mangled certain characters out. I mean, Mary wasn't exactly lovable in history, but you have to admit she made some pretty lame decisions on this show. The clothes, I will not talk about. The lingo, even less (pen pals? In the 16th century?). But the plot twists keep dragging me back ... as does Craig Parker. So I'll be watching season three and wondering whether they might even get Elizabeth I a better hair stylist.


Unfortunately, as I said above, I didn't realize Flash was ending this week (tonight actually!), and Dancing with the Stars declares its winner tonight as well (I'm still annoyed that Noah made it into the finals over Nastia), and while Hawaii Five-0 did also finish last week, I'm about ten episodes behind in the season because I didn't have the time to watch. So expect some more finale thoughts coming from me as soon as I catch up with everything!

xx
*images not mine

No comments:

Post a Comment