Saturday 17 September 2016

Saturday Snippet: Banana Pudding Pie


Hello everyone!

So my sister can make me do just about anything. Seeing as she's my LITTLE sister, you can probably understand how this happens. This time, it was incessantly begging me to bake a pie. Not just any kind of pie, but banana and vanilla pudding pie.

Of course I had no clue how to do it, and so off to the interwebz I went to get some information. I found a recipe alright (not the one above), but the dough did NOT cooperate so I'm going to give you what I did to make it work.


The dough itself I made from my apple pie recipe; the other dough was left to "rot" although I threw it into the oven for 20 minutes after it had been left alone for hours. I think I might retry the original recipe sometime and leave the thing overnight in the fridge, then bake the next day. Might just work.

Anyway, the only difference in this apple pie dough is that I added rum and vanilla sugar into the mixture (per special request). Then I spread it into the pan (which I first rubbed with some butter) and made a rim.

For the filling, I made vanilla pudding from half the bag (or you can cook a full batch, it usually comes with instructions on the back, follow those to a T and then just take as much as you think you need), mashed three bananas (the original recipe says two, but three is better!) and mixed them in, poured it over the dough, popped it into a pre-heated oven at 175 degrees, and baked for roughly twenty-three minutes, but at twenty I started checking if it was baked. It was, I just left it a little longer since my family likes a slightly more baked pie.

And that's it!

xx
*image is mine

No comments:

Post a Comment