Tuesday 10 May 2016

Game of Thrones: Oathbreaker

"My watch is ended."


Hello everyone!

Back to Game of Thrones, of course, as it's Tuesday and therefore time for another episode recap! With so much stuff going on it's a wonder that I manage to keep my head on straight through the lot of it. 

What keeps on astounding me is how the producers are now finally moving forward with the plot and all the unanswered questions that the author still hasn't gotten to as he hasn't yet finished writing his books. It will, however, admittedly be weird when he does end up publishing the last two as the show will be over by then and they might pick a different kind of resolution even though they know the ending, or so it has been said.

Until then though, we're going to have to make do with HBO's version, and I can't say I'm arguing against it!

Some of the stuff I've been anxious to see ever since the show started, so this season is DEFINITELY bringing me up to speed with that - and not just me, but everyone else around who's an ardent Game of Thrones fan!


Let's start with an easy thing, which is the Narrow Sea, where poor Sam is violently ill during their passage on the ship, whereas Gilly seems to be quite happy with their means of travel. I honestly couldn't focus on much more than Sam though - I've missed him!

In King's Landing, the Small Council is fed up with the Lannisters and they walk out, So much about THAT. The King, on the other hand, gets a lesson from the High Sparrow and I feel like the old man, when he's not using his weird faithful militia is actually a really good advisor ... so I'm torn about him. Elsewhere, it seems that Varys' spy network is compromised, or is this all just another ploy for the spider?


Speaking of the spider, Varys is doing what he does best in Mereen, getting knowledge and intel as to who is funding all their enemies inside the city, and Tyrion is going to play psychological warfare if you ask me. No one's better at it than he is, so I'm certainly looking forward to it!

While we're on this side let's talk Braavos, where Arya finally gets her eyesight back (after also getting pretty much beaten up by Anne Neville), so she doesn't have to be the creepy white-eyed girl anymore!

And then of course we're in Vaes Dothrak, where Dany is deposited with the Dosh Khaleen, the wives of all the dead Khals ... although there's a problem: if she had joined them right after Drogo died (ergo, end of season one), she would have been accepted. Now, for some reason, her fate needs to be decided, if she'll even be allowed to stay. I'm thinking Drogon needs to make another appearance soon, teach all these horse masters who the boss is.

Of course, we can't ignore the three most prominant locations this episode: coincidentally, all are in the North.


There were OH SNAP moments all around, from Winterfell to beyond the Wall; I mean, there goes another Direwolf as Shaggydog is now a goner! Rickon is in the hands of Ramsay Bolton and I have to wonder what the heck Osha was doing, staying that close to the ancestral home. This is NOT going to end well for the kid, not at all.

Jon's OH SNAP came from realizing he's alive, and executing the traitors who murdered him in the first place (I thought for a second that he wouldn't do it; thank the gods he did), and then - wait for it - he gives the Commander cloak to Ed, and walks off, saying "My watch is ended." Which plays into the fan theory that, since Jon technically died, he isn't tied by his vows anymore - and going by set photos that were leaked (and people didn't know were true), he gets a costume upgrade that looks suspiciously like Robb's old one. 

I'm not going to argue as long as he takes care of Ramsay. Please, and thank you.

And finally we come to the most anticipated moment ever: we were probably all like Bran when the flashback ended, because we were treated to the infamous scene where Ned Stark rides to the Tower of Joy and fights the Kingsguard to get to his sister, Lyanna. But the vision is cut short when a woman screams in the tower, and we DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.


I wanted to murder the old treeroot person.

Seriously!

They better get back to that one ASAP!

EVERYONE WANTS TO KNOW!

xx
*images not mine

No comments:

Post a Comment