Tuesday 3 September 2024

Talkie Tuesday: A Celebration of the Music from 'Coco'

 

"Remember me ..."

 
Hello everyone!
 
I was originally going to do something else tonight.
 
Saints know I have a list an arm long of titles that I've seen but have yet to talk about on here, and yet ... yesterday before bed, I was looking for something to watch, and wandered back onto Disney+.
 
I hadn't been there in a while, and lo and behold.
 
On my 'Continue Watching' was something relatively quick, supposedly easy on the eyes (and definitely ears!), and adorable.
 
Also, I knew a singer I'd recently gotten to listening was performing (or, had performed, since this took place a while ago).
 
It was a no brainer, then, that I'd go back into it, and it'd been so long since I'd placed it on the list, D+ decided to just start me right at the top.
 
Without further ado, then: A Celebration of the Music from 'Coco'!
 
Links to related posts can be found at the bottom of the page, as per usual.
 
Now, we all know the story of Coco (and if you don't, I'm sorry, what stone do you live under?): the search for your place in life and family, the hunt for a lost grandparent, a journey to the land of the dead, and of course, a musical happily ever after once the truth is all revealed.
 
The story of Coco is one of emotion and poignance, and hell if it isn't one of my favourites in recent years.
 
It's why I wanted to take a look at this musical concert, a live performance, if you will.
 
Not only does it include songs from the movie itself, but it adds to the overall Mexican flavour by introducing melodies well-known around the globe to represent the country and the nation as a whole.
 
 
And of course, Carlos Rivera opens his mouth to use his velvety voice and serenade us in the Spanish rendition of 'Remember Me', which is just another bonus all around.
 
Honestly? I don't have much more to say about this other than it's a stunning presentation of what Coco represents and is, and a whole gang of Latino performers take to the stage at the Hollywood Bowl to give us a magical show.
 
These include, but are certainly not limited to: the afore-mentioned Carlor Rivera, Benjamin Bratt, Miguel, and more.
 
If you have the option, or get the chance, to watch this musical performance, I highly, HIGHLY recommend it.
 
If nothing else, watch it for Rivera. The man's a throwback to by-gone days of old Spanish serenades, and it's worth it for him alone.
 
But don't sleep on any of the others either! Coco comes to life like never before, and it's absolutely wonderful.
 

 
1000/10 recommend!
 
 

 
xx
*images and video not mine
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment